Thanksgiving is just around the corner, but more importantly, so is Friendsgiving. While 2 bedroom apartments in Baton Rouge may not seem like the best place for a hosting Friendsgiving, River House Apartments are just right for the occasion! Our floor plans were designed with YOU in mind, so of course, we planned for your social life, too.
Planning a dinner party for your closest friends may seem overwhelming at first, but if this is something you really want to do, you should go for it! We’ve broken down a few guidelines to get you on the right track to an awesome Friendsgiving dinner.
Plan Out Space
Starting at 951 sq. ft., our 2 bedroom apartments in Baton Rouge make it easy to have guests over for the holidays. All it takes is a little planning to make hosting go smoothly! Our kitchens are perfectly set up for cooking on one side and serving entrees on the other counter.
- Plan for guests to arrive a half-hour before the entree will be served. This gives everyone plenty of time to arrive (reducing the risk of a cold dish!) and also keeps guests out of the kitchen while you’re preparing food.
- Setting up a bar area away from the kitchen. This will keep guests generally out of the kitchen while you check on food in the oven, grab more napkins, etc. Include your cups/glasses, drink cooler, an ice bucket, and napkins on your bar.
- As your friends arrive, have some snacks and appetizers out on your counter and you can set aside the main dishes they bring. And when it’s time, switch the small plates out for the main course. This allows you to save your dining table for actual dining. Easy peasy!
Friends, Food, And More
It’s no secret that party planning can quickly get out of control if you’re not careful. It’s always smart to set up boundaries and expectations when you’re hosting dinner parties in our 2 bedroom apartments in Baton Rouge.
- Try to limit up to 10 friends over at a time.
- Plan for the weekend before Thanksgiving to avoid clashing with your friends’ other commitments. Spending time with friends is great, but some would rather spend this holiday with their family.
- Make it potluck style and don’t put all the pressure on yourself.
- Choose an entree and sides other than traditional Thanksgiving dinner if you will be having Thanksgiving dinner a week later.
- Less is more when it comes to the spread. One appetizer, one entree, two sides, and one dessert is more than enough food!
In addition to the food, the responsibility of materials should also be a joint effort. Just be sure to confirm that everyone bringing the supplies is arriving on time. The following is a good beginner’s list:
- Serving bowls, platters, and utensils
- Drink Cooler/Bucket
- Containers For Leftovers
- Garbage Bags
- Extra Toilet Paper
A Recipe For Success
So really–why not have a Friendsgiving? With all the tools at your disposal, an awesome dinner party awaits at one of your very own luxury 2 bedroom apartments in Baton Rouge at River House! If you’re not a current resident, but want to learn more about our floor plans and other amenities, please give us a call or submit a contact form. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!